Why is my GoFundMe in drafts?

• 15 December 2021
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I'm new to GoFundMe. I just made one to help my dad use my cord blood for stem cell regeneration as I'm pregnant and due to be induced in 3 weeks.  I finished my fundraiser but it's still in drafts . Does that mean it's under review? I don't have time to waste I need $3,500 for the banking alone and I just want to start sharing it.  Any advice/answers would be appreciated 

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Emily Neal, it looks like your old GoFundMe account was deleted and a new one was created which is causing some confusion. I’m going to connect you with our support team so they can assist you with this. Be on the lookout for their response via email and thanks so much for your patience! 

How do i get a gofundme out of draft?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Cuppy Johndro I can confirm your fundraiser is live and able to accept donations: https://www.gofundme.com/f/nonie-crouse-memorial-fund

Let me know if you’re seeing something different, though. 

Hi.  I'm new to crowdfunding.  I created a fundraiser and it's receiving donations.  However, while creating it, I created 2 others that weren't finished and are drafts.  I just want to delete those.  How do I do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Cindy Rohlfs I went ahead and deleted those for you. Your only active fundraiser is now this one: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-cindy-be-a-cancer-warrior-not-a-lone-warrior

Thank you so much for your assistance.  So, for future reference, is there a way I can do that without contacting y’all?  I tried all of the suggestions posted previously, but to no avail.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Cindy Rohlfs the steps to delete a fundraiser are listed out here: https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/203604074-Ending-your-fundraiser#:~:text=Choose%20the%20%E2%80%9CEdit%20and%20Settings,and%20click%20%E2%80%9CDelete%20fundraiser%E2%80%9D

1. On the “Your Fundraisers” page, click “Manage” on the fundraiser you’d like to delete.
  2. Choose the “Edit and Settings” button next to your fundraiser title (on a mobile device simply select “Edit” from the bottom menu).
  3. Click “Delete fundraiser” at the very bottom of your screen. 
  4. Type "delete" into the form as confirmation, and click “Delete fundraiser”. Once complete, a green banner will show at the top of the screen showing the fundraiser is deactivated.

Hi I keep getting a 3001 error and  it says to try again which I did.  However it has now made a new draft every time I tried to publish the fundraiser.  I cannot seem to delete the draft.  Also on the mobile it shows that they are published but on my computer it shows that they are all in draft form so I am looking for advice and assistance please. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Jae Wood I see quite a few fundraisers active your account– can you please send me the link to the fundraiser you plan on sharing and I can go ahead and delete the rest? 

Hi just one of the moving one they are all the same.  It kept making a new one every time I tried to upload it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Jae Wood I’ve deleted those drafts and this is now your only active fundraiser: https://www.gofundme.com/f/gxvyv-help-donnie-with-moving-costs

Please sign in and choose the “Edit” button seen below to continue setting up the fundraiser. Don’t forget to save your changes at the end to publish it. Let me know if you’re still running into trouble!

Hello All, i want to withdraw funds from my fundraiser but its in drafts but its live and i reached my initial goal. What do i do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Haneen Ahmed it looks like a team member reached out to you on Thursday with some information you’ll need to provide in order to continue. Please make sure to reply to that email as soon as you can.

Hello! I was using iOS version of GoFundMe app, to create my fundraiser, but it failed to complete and publish. I decided to switch to browser, in order to complete and publish my fundraiser, and noticed that there were 4 drafts. Apparently, each time I clicked “complete” from iOS app, it created a new draft. How do I remove those drafts from my account? There is no “manage” button on those drafts, just “edit” and no way to delete them. Thank you for your assistance. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Ivan Shmatok I’m sorry you ran into this iOS bug. I know the team is actively working on fixing this right now so it doesn’t happen in the future, and I’ll make sure they add your account as an example to their troubleshooting ticket.

think the only way to get rid of those annoying drafts is to publish them and then navigate to settings and delete. My colleague @Jules might be able to help you out with this later today if you’re not able to figure it out, but in the mean time the drafts won’t hurt anything– I’d just recommend making sure (on web, not the app) that one of them is published correctly and has all the information you need in it.

Hi @Ivan Shmatok I’m sorry you ran into this iOS bug. I know the team is actively working on fixing this right now so it doesn’t happen in the future, and I’ll make sure they add your account as an example to their troubleshooting ticket.

think the only way to get rid of those annoying drafts is to publish them and then navigate to settings and delete. My colleague @Jules might be able to help you out with this later today if you’re not able to figure it out, but in the mean time the drafts won’t hurt anything– I’d just recommend making sure (on web, not the app) that one of them is published correctly and has all the information you need in it.

Thanks Cris! As soon as I complete the draft it goes under review and nothing can be done with it until GoFundMe team reviews it. Now I have 2 drafts and 2 fundraiser items under review, but still no way to delete any of that. What a mess! Additionally, I have to wait up to 7 days for review process to be completed. I there any way you can clean this up without me deleting my account and starting all over? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Ivan Shmatok I’ve gone ahead and deactivated the duplicate fundraisers and left the one that our team needs to review.  Please keep a look out for an email from our team confirming once that’s complete. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Ivan Shmatok looks like your review process is complete from what I see. I know the 7 day disclaimer can sound really concerning but its usually much faster than that, like it was in this case. You should be all set now and ready to fundraise. 

For your ones that are in draft – from web (not the app!) you can hit edit then complete fundraiser, then continue a few times, skip adding team members… and you’ll then get to your manage page for that fundraiser. Once there, hit edit and settings, then settings, then the big delete fundraiser button at the bottom.  Sorry that’s a lot of steps but it will at least get those draft ones out of your way. 

If you have any other issues please let me know, and I’m sorry again for this bug. It was a super weird one we’re working to fix asap.

Hi @Olivia, @Cris and @Jules, My account is stuck in draft mode. Also it’s saying the campaign cannot be found and a repeated system error message as follows"  - We encountered an error, can you please try again? You can also contact our support team for help.”

Here’s the link to the campaign: https://gofund.me/4156b97a

Please advise? 

I just set up a fundraiser for my friends memorial but it says it is still in drafts, when I try to “complete fundraiser” I’m getting an unknown error, same thing happens when I try to donate. Any help would be appreciated ASAP. Thanks

Join the discussion