How can we be more successful?

• 27 July 2022
  • 1 reply

How can I be more successful on getting more donations I sent out to all friends and asked them to send it out on there Facebook and friends I'm stranded here in Nebraska in motel truck is in shop no way to get home or pay bills and lost my mother last week couldn't get in for funeral

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Christopher Cheak Great job getting started - I see you got your first two donations which is helpful for building momentum.  I would try to go into more detail about what happened and why you set the goal total at the amount that you did. I would also try to explain what will happen if you can’t raise the money you need so they fully comprehend the difficult situation you’re in. 

Next, I would keep posting updates on your fundraiser and sharing those out. Let people know what you’re up to day-to-day why you’re biding your time so they can better empathize with your situation. It also helps to show gratitude for people and to try to empathize with their own situation. Money can be tight for people, so you can let them know how much it would mean to you for them to be able to help you out of this lurch. 

Finally, it’s good to keep in mind that you’ll need to share a couple of times a week. It can feel a bit awkward to do this at first, but it’s important to remind people about your fundraiser and you never know who missed your post the first time you shared it.  

Join the discussion