How did you all feel about making a GoFundMe for the first time? ❤️🙏

• 24 January 2022
  • 30 replies

https://gofund.me/4b365c4d

I am very new to this. I made this GoFundMe account for my son, Kingston. Pretty nervous to be honest but so far it’s been great. I hope we reach our goal as he got accepted for a talent show. We are super excited for him to live out his dreams. He will have his first show case next month in Los Angeles 😍🙏 Full story on my page. Anyways, How did you all feel about making a GoFundMe for the first time? It’s kind of scary for me asking for help from strangers but we all fall short at times!!! 

Thank you 😊 

30 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am stressing out about not having my car fixed at age 64. But grateful I found this community. Reading the comments is helping me to stay encouraged :)

I'm not emotional person until the situation arose in my life now I cry all the time not knowing help is going to come fast enough for me and my kids but seeing certain posts like these give me hope motivation it keeps me going on top of my little ones that I love so very much super very new to this but I'm trying cuz I want to sound like that but it's bad right now

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I'm not emotional person until the situation arose in my life now I cry all the time not knowing help is going to come fast enough for me and my kids but seeing certain posts like these give me hope motivation it keeps me going on top of my little ones that I love so very much super very new to this but I'm trying cuz I want to sound like that but it's bad right now

We are always here for you :) My insides are crying for your kids. It is so hard on us when we cannot fix something. I am so sorry! :(

I would've never thought I would ever end up in a situation like this myself 🙏🏿 for all of us 

this is my first gofundme  so I'm doing it myself because it for me and I've seen and watched people getting questions on why people should donate to their cause and I can answer their questions  and its me taking the comments about starting a fund..late last night I had reservations about doing this because in order to do this, it takes putting yourself out there for criticism.  There's so many scams running and when I did this I only saw where you can post your picture lol so no showing proof that this isn't a scam.

Join the discussion