How do you choose your fundraiser image?

• 3 August 2022
  • 0 replies
How do you choose your fundraiser image?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Images can help grab your audience’s attention, so selecting the right picture to post is a great way to bring your story to life. Let’s take a look at the following two photos of my dog, Luna, so you can get a better idea.

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 7.45.04 AM.png

When looking at the first image, a good first priority would be to rotate it upright. Because GoFundMe only displays landscape images, you may have to resize a portrait orientation to fit correctly. Software programs like Canva.com or Microsoft Paint can usually help you with this, or you might want to retake the photo if you have trouble with photo editing software. 

The next area for improvement is the clarity of the image. You can see that Luna is very blurry in my first attempt. The end result is not as engaging, since it’s hard to see what you’re looking at. In the second image, Luna is in focus and you can see her face! This is much closer to the dog that my friends and family know and love.

Finally, it’s important to keep in mind that social media has tons of competitive content. In order to stand out from the crowd, we recommend that you include a familiar face in your main imageThis means that if you’re fundraising for something like house or car repairs, it may make sense to take a photo of the individual in front of the object you’re fundraising for. You can always add additional photos to your story if you feel they’re needed.

❗Best practice: 

Use a clear, landscape image of your subject and the person or animal your fundraiser is benefitting. Avoid washed out, pixelated, incorrectly rotated, or blurry images. 

Share an image you’ve used in your fundraiser in the comments below, and let us know why you chose it!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Join the discussion