How do you network to get people to donate?

• 20 December 2021
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 4

I’m not sure how to network to get people to donate, I feel like I’m a beggar and I don’t think my posts carry the punch to get people to be interested and donate.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is such a great question @Kim Keeler so I’m going to pin it. I’m curious if other people in this community have built up sturdy networks around them that help them get through hard times. 

From my experience, people who spend a lot of time contributing to their communities during their spare time tend to have very successful fundraisers. Not everyone has the time to do this, but that’s something that I’ve noticed in my own personal life. 

Apart from that, there are ways to build trust on your fundraiser that can really help. The way you communicate your story can convince someone to donate, or can turn them away - even if it’s for the same cause! One way you can build trust is  through clarity in your story. The more direct you can be about what you’re fundraising for, how the funds are being handled, and why this cause means so much to you, the easier it will be for your readers to be persuaded to help. 

To do this, try to put yourself in your reader’s shoes. If that’s hard to do, I recommend asking a friend to read through your fundraiser and give their most honest feedback on it. 

Userlevel 1

I heard asking stores to hang up a flyer at their store. Posting them around may help. I am getting some help but not much to be able to survive. If anyone has anymore ideas . I would greatly appreciate it. Bless you all and good luck to all who are struggling. 

Lisa Savery

Userlevel 1

Not having much success how can I get my GoFundMe out there more. I use TikTok, Facebook, Twitter and Craigslist. 

Userlevel 1

I feel you man im homeless sleepimg at busstops

Userlevel 2
Badge

Praying that you get donations you need to help you out or someone you know. Thank you for putting yourself out there. You are not alone. God bless

Userlevel 1

I feel you. Having no place you belong, to call your home is hell. Until you've been there you'll never truly understand. Cold and lonely takes on a whole new meaning. 😔

Userlevel 1

Try not to feel like a beggar. And try not to judge others who you view as beggars. You are online asking your community for some help. Everybody needs help sometimes and a lot of people know what it’s like to need so they shouldn't judge you. Also, your main target is definitely people who understand you on a more personal level of their own, meaning that they've been in your shoes before. They are important to your success because it can remind them that someone was there for them when they needed it the most. Now they are thinking of paying it forward to you. Try sharing in groups or networking platforms that specifically discuss issues about or around your Champaigne. 

Yes I feel the same I don't like asking for help but my dog pudding can't ask for help to come home so I have to be her voice I've had views for no help yet what should I do 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

You could try joining GoFundMe groups on both Facebook and twitter.

Same here, I just posted but it’s urgent since we already sold our house and need a new one. It’s a lot to ask for but even 20,000 can help and I've seen people make more than that before.

Userlevel 1

Wording seems to be very important in getting the attention and interest of  donors. Sincerely explaining ones need for starting a GoFundMe page. The fulfillment of your purpose with your explanation of the reasoning for the GoFundMe account. The unexpected life-changing situation that you have experienced.the overwhelming, devastating aftermath brought upon you and your daily life.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I feel you man im homeless sleepimg at busstops

@Eric Johansson I am so sorry :( Was homeless myself at age 60 for 2017-2018.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Not having much success how can I get my GoFundMe out there more. I use TikTok, Facebook, Twitter and Craigslist. 

Hi @Tina Cacho how did you post on Craigslist? Thanks :)

Badge

I’m not sure how to network to get people to donate, I feel like I’m a beggar and I don’t think my posts carry the punch to get people to be interested and donate.

I feel the same way. I am brand new to this and worry no one will take a interested. Hope you reach your goal.

Join the discussion