My first GoFundMe and I would love creative ideas to share my page

• 5 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

This is my first time trying to make a gofundme for my dog, I would appreciate if anyone could give me tips on how to share. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey @EdupenguinR2 I’d be happy to provide some tips:

1. I recommend that you start with your closest friends and family. The first donations are the hardest, but once you have a couple, it makes it easier to get the ball rolling.
  2. Write a personalized message with your request. For your first donations, it’s best to write a message for each donor you approach. That will allow you to write it in a way that will appeal to that person. ‘
  3. Once you’ve gotten your first donations, you can start sharing more widely to social media. With social media, you will want to share a couple of times a week. The best times of day are the morning, lunchtime, and directly after work. 
  4. With Facebook, try to write something that will engage your followers. You can add a thought provoking question or ask for advice from people. Facebook likes when people are commenting and reacting to a post, so it can help boost your update in your friend’s feeds. 

Join the discussion