Going to be HOMELESS W/ 3 kids.

• 6 November 2021
  • 3 replies

I need your help so much. We left abuse.

Please we need help to pay back rent I'm a single mom I just started working again. I live in a trailer Help us not be homeless please. Even though this is the ghetto at least it's a home. The pandemic hurt my family. I can't go back where we lived in domestic violence abusive very bad relationship from the kids father. It was hard enough to get out.  

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I need your help so much. We left abuse.

Please we need help to pay back rent I'm a single mom I just started working again. I live in a trailer Help us not be homeless please. Even though this is the ghetto at least it's a home. The pandemic hurt my family. I can't go back where we lived in domestic violence abusive very bad relationship from the kids father. It was hard enough to get out.  

Getting out of a abusive relationship is very hard "good for you" maybe explaining the situation to your landlord will give you more time to come up with the back rent owed good luck 

I also need your help so much. Covid has taken a drastic effect on my life and emotional health. I know there is hope and there is still some fight in me. My rent is 3 months behind, my car is in danger of being repossessed, my phone is shut off, and everything else is falling behind. 

I empathize with those of you facing homelessness and surviving abuse. I have experienced both and the world often times appears cold and harsh. Pulling ourselves up by the boot straps isn’t easy, but we women are strong and I know you can do it. I wish you all the best and believe that your tomorrows will be better than today!!

I am new to GoFundMe and would like any advice. I don’t have any friends to share my fundraising page with… and am not sure how to make this work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @Glynn Freedman, welcome. to the community! 

Without friends or a social network, it may be harder to raise the funds that you need, but we do have some ideas you can try. First, it's important to write an engaging and persuasive story - be very specific with how you came to decide on your goal amount, and how exactly any donations you receive will be spent, since you'll need to be able to convince people who don’t know you to help. If you don’t know anyone, going out of your way to form a relationship with someone may be beneficial so they can help promote your page to their own social media page.

I recommend checking out the following resources to help you get started.
1. How to get noticed without social media
2. How to write a fundraising story

I hope this helps a bit! 

Join the discussion