Solved

Help with sharing

• 9 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Good morning! I’m brand néw and not comfortable at all seeking help. How do I go about getting my story on your site and/or anywhere other than Facebook? 

icon

Best answer by Jules 9 November 2021, 22:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey @Tina Martin All fundraisers can be found on our site by searching the title or the name of the organizer in the search bar at gofundme.com

Most of your donations will come from people you know, so you will want to write some messaging to ask them to donate to your fundraiser. 

Here’s an example of a template you can use when forwarding your campaign to your network.

Hi [close friend],

I'm reaching out to you because I've finally started a GoFundMe for [insert reason here]. [Remind your close friend why this cause means so much to you]. [Include the reason why you need the funds]. [Include what you've done on your own to get closer to your goal].

Here's my GoFundMe link: [Insert GoFundMe Link here]

If you could support my GoFundMe by making a donation and then sharing it with your network, I would greatly appreciate it. I know that money can be tight, so please know that even $5 helps me get closer to my goal! Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll be happy to answer them.

Should I see my fundraiser on my facebook page

Join the discussion