I am nervous with reaching out to family and friends for help with money related issues. Anyone else?

• 14 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I am new here I really have no where else to turn but I have decided to start a go fund me to help us pay off our past debt before our second baby arrives next year. I am very anxious about this news and I am nervous with reaching out to family and friends for help with money related issues 

5 replies

Absolutely! I’m stretched so thin trying to keep my puppy alive. It’s very hard times. And I’m the one that always helps donations when others need it. But when it’s my turn. It seems like everyone steps away. :/ even kind words would help. But it’s like no one seems to budge. Where’s the care in the world anymore? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Getting vulnerable is hard! It’s one of the bravest things you can do, especially if you’re asking for help. But each time we do it and survive, we slowly change our culture, so we can all get more comfortable asking. From my personal experience, I’ve always felt closer to the person after learning what they’re going through, and relief after being able to help.  It’s often a very positive experience. 

I completely understand this. I recently had to move in the middle of my three year lease because my landlord sold it. The landlord being my pastor and friend I took the “L” and now I’m being hit with more on top of my plate. Most people don’t want to help because they themselves are down which I understand completely. I just don’t what else to do besides ask for help. 

Absolutely! I’m stretched so thin trying to keep my puppy alive. It’s very hard times. And I’m the one that always helps donations when others need it. But when it’s my turn. It seems like everyone steps away. :/ even kind words would help. But it’s like no one seems to budge. Where’s the care in the world anymore? 

I pray your circumstances do change and that you’re not overlooked. It’s usually the ones with the Golden heart.

I'm in the same boat, only person I had left besides my 3 kids were my sister and she passed away a month ago, now I have nowhere else to turn. Me and my 3 kids are completely homeless and I've been in and out the hospital dealing with my diabetes. I'm just about at the end of my rope!! Everything is so hard.

Join the discussion