I need some help getting donations. My fundraiser has been shared, but no donations have come in.

• 8 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Surgery has been completed but I’m barley getting back to work in a couple days surgery put me in credit card debt because I took in these 2 stray pups I couldn’t live at home with my parents and keep the dogs so I’m living in an abandoned home putting every last dime I have into these puppies I’ve been able to manage but next weeks vet visit requires x rays and a new splint Idk how I’m going to be able to pay for it 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Michael Lambourne I would reach out to your friends directly through text message and phone calls, and ask them for advice about your situation or any resources they can provide. For example, maybe they could give you dog food or something to keep the cost of the dogs in check. 

Need advice not getting donations family living separate places lost our home and wife had surgery to remove her toe and part of her foot to a bad infection. Just want to get my family back together.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Chez66 I’d love to help you - would you be okay with me providing you feedback about changes you can make to your page?

With fundraising, creating an engaging and clear fundraiser is important for raising money. In addition to this, you will need to share your page with people you know to ask them for donations to help you through this tough time. 

Yes

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No problem @Chez66! I see a couple of things you can do that might help you with your efforts. 

1. To start with, I recommend writing a more descriptive title. Check out this article on how to compose a clear, descriptive title 
  2.  In addition, I think an image of you instead of that wall will help! Photos of faces do much better than inanimate objects. Check out how to choose an impactful fundraiser image here.

3. I would add a little more information to your story. Can you clarify what you mean by getting locked out? I’m also a little confused since most of your story seems to be about a medical situation, but then the fundraiser appears to be for a new home.  I would try to focus your story a bit more about your home, and leave the medical stuff as an aside. For example, you could say something like, “Being houseless is making my wife’s recovery from her infection much more difficult, since we don’t have heat.” Check out this piece on how to write an engaging story.

4. Finally, I recommend focusing on raising your first donation, which can help kick off additional donations from other people in your network. 

Join the discussion