5 tips for sharing on Facebook

• 25 January 2022
  • 10 replies
5 tips for sharing on Facebook
Userlevel 7
Badge +8

One of the best ways to get noticed on Facebook is to create content that inspires your friends to engage. Through their activity, your fundraiser has more of a chance of being surfaced into additional friend’s NewsFeeds, which can help spread the word faster. 

Let’s talk about a few ideas you can try to create engaging posts.

Draw people into your post with some extra commentary

• We often see organizers struggle to raise funds when they share their fundraiser link without context. To interest people in your post, we recommend including info about why your fundraiser is important to you.

• Posting updates about your fundraiser to Facebook can help keep people tuned in –especially for big milestones like hitting fifty percent of your goal. You can use these moments to remind people of your page, which might inspire repeat donations or shares.

Create conversation around your fundraiser

• Consider being the first commenter on your post by writing a brief thank you note, or ask a good friend to kick off the conversation as soon as you post your fundraiser. This can help encourage others to respond as well. 

• You can reply to your friend’s comments when it makes sense, or mention other friends who might want to chime in and keep the conversation going.

Try tagging friends

• Use Facebook’s tagging feature to thank people who gave or shared your fundraiser. This is a great way to inspire new people to support your cause. 

• You can also ask people to tag you in a post of their own! For example, if you’re fundraising for your pup and your friend takes a photo of them from their own camera, they can tag you with that photo on Facebook, so both your friend list can see it. 

Try switching up the types of content you post

• Have you created a Facebook Live video before? Live videos can be a great way to give your friends an update on what’s happening with your fundraiser. If being put on the spot is not your thing, you can also try making a short video on your phone and sharing that instead. 

• You can use Facebook to share additional fundraiser photos that didn’t make the cut for your GoFundMe page. Humans are naturally drawn to faces, so try posting a photo of you or the person you’re fundraising for to attract attention.

We hope you find some of these tips helpful. Let us know in the comments if you have more to add!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

There’s one more tip that just came to mind from my personal experience...I had a friend who was regularly interacting with my Facebook posts. I noticed they were commenting on stuff I shared that was really important to me, and it made me feel closer to them. After a couple of more interactions for them, I checked out their page to see what was going on in their life, and noticed they had a fundraiser posted on their wall. You know what happened next...

So the tip is, try engaging with your friends on their posts and you might be surprised who will return the favor by interacting with yours. If your fundraiser is posted to your Facebook wall, they could be inspired to give! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

That’s a great tip Jules. I’ll have to try that when I’m on Facebook. I’ve been taking a break from social media for about a week because of ailments and stress.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Let me know how it goes @dragonglow. And I’m so sorry to hear about the stress. That’s good that you try to takes breaks from the online world every so often. :heart:

How do I post my go fund me page that I made for my friend on Facebook without her seeing it ???

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Abby Gerding You can change the selection of who you want to see your Facebook post. 

Just click the dropdown and it will give you different audiences to choose from. One of those allows you to remove people from seeing your post. 

That being said, we do recommend that you notify the person you’re fundraising for, so there’s no surprises. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for this great advice. Even if I don’t have a huge following , hoping that a  few ppl can make a difference.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

They have GoFundMe groups on Facebook and twitter

Thank you hopefully this helps I'll try all the advice 

Userlevel 1

One of the best ways to get noticed on Facebook is to create content that inspires your friends to engage. Through their activity, your fundraiser has more of a chance of being surfaced into additional friend’s NewsFeeds, which can help spread the word faster. 

Let’s talk about a few ideas you can try to create engaging posts.

Draw people into your post with some extra commentary

• We often see organizers struggle to raise funds when they share their fundraiser link without context. To interest people in your post, we recommend including info about why your fundraiser is important to you.

• Posting updates about your fundraiser to Facebook can help keep people tuned in –especially for big milestones like hitting fifty percent of your goal. You can use these moments to remind people of your page, which might inspire repeat donations or shares.

Create conversation around your fundraiser

• Consider being the first commenter on your post by writing a brief thank you note, or ask a good friend to kick off the conversation as soon as you post your fundraiser. This can help encourage others to respond as well. 

• You can reply to your friend’s comments when it makes sense, or mention other friends who might want to chime in and keep the conversation going.

Try tagging friends

• Use Facebook’s tagging feature to thank people who gave or shared your fundraiser. This is a great way to inspire new people to support your cause. 

• You can also ask people to tag you in a post of their own! For example, if you’re fundraising for your pup and your friend takes a photo of them from their own camera, they can tag you with that photo on Facebook, so both your friend list can see it. 

Try switching up the types of content you post

• Have you created a Facebook Live video before? Live videos can be a great way to give your friends an update on what’s happening with your fundraiser. If being put on the spot is not your thing, you can also try making a short video on your phone and sharing that instead. 

• You can use Facebook to share additional fundraiser photos that didn’t make the cut for your GoFundMe page. Humans are naturally drawn to faces, so try posting a photo of you or the person you’re fundraising for to attract attention.

We hope you find some of these tips helpful. Let us know in the comments if you have more to add!

This is great information! Thank you for the time you have taken to post this. It's really appreciated. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I absolutely love all those ideas thank you so much I am going to do that right now wish me luck thank you

Join the discussion