5 tips for sharing on Facebook

• 3 August 2022
  • 4 replies
5 tips for sharing on Facebook
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

One of the best ways to get noticed on Facebook is to create content that inspires your friends to engage. Through their activity, your fundraiser has more of a chance of being surfaced into additional friend’s NewsFeeds, which can help spread the word faster. 

Let’s talk about a few ideas you can try to create engaging posts.

Draw people into your post with some extra commentary

• We often see organizers struggle to raise funds when they share their fundraiser link without context. To interest people in your post, we recommend including info about why your fundraiser is important to you.

• Posting updates about your fundraiser to Facebook can help keep people tuned in –especially for big milestones like hitting fifty percent of your goal. You can use these moments to remind people of your page, which might inspire repeat donations or shares.

Create conversation around your fundraiser

• Consider being the first commenter on your post by writing a brief thank you note, or ask a good friend to kick off the conversation as soon as you post your fundraiser. This can help encourage others to respond as well. 

• You can reply to your friend’s comments when it makes sense, or mention other friends who might want to chime in and keep the conversation going.

Try tagging friends

• Use Facebook’s tagging feature to thank people who gave or shared your fundraiser. This is a great way to inspire new people to support your cause. 

• You can also ask people to tag you in a post of their own! For example, if you’re fundraising for your pup and your friend takes a photo of them from their own camera, they can tag you with that photo on Facebook, so both your friend list can see it. 

Try switching up the types of content you post

• Have you created a Facebook Live video before? Live videos can be a great way to give your friends an update on what’s happening with your fundraiser. If being put on the spot is not your thing, you can also try making a short video on your phone and sharing that instead. 

• You can use Facebook to share additional fundraiser photos that didn’t make the cut for your GoFundMe page. Humans are naturally drawn to faces, so try posting a photo of you or the person you’re fundraising for to attract attention.

We hope you find some of these tips helpful. Let us know in the comments if you have more to add!

4 replies

Userlevel 1

This is my first time fundraising for an emergency. I have found that including as many topics that relate to your fundraiser and pictures of the people being helped is very important. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Love this advice @Amanda Fink it’s so true! People react strongly to images, so it’s helpful to pair your story with some for the biggest effect. 

One of the best ways to get noticed on Facebook is to create content that inspires your friends to engage. Through their activity, your fundraiser has more of a chance of being surfaced into additional friend’s NewsFeeds, which can help spread the word faster. 

Let’s talk about a few ideas you can try to create engaging posts.

Draw people into your post with some extra commentary

• We often see organizers struggle to raise funds when they share their fundraiser link without context. To interest people in your post, we recommend including info about why your fundraiser is important to you.

• Posting updates about your fundraiser to Facebook can help keep people tuned in –especially for big milestones like hitting fifty percent of your goal. You can use these moments to remind people of your page, which might inspire repeat donations or shares.

Create conversation around your fundraiser

• Consider being the first commenter on your post by writing a brief thank you note, or ask a good friend to kick off the conversation as soon as you post your fundraiser. This can help encourage others to respond as well. 

• You can reply to your friend’s comments when it makes sense, or mention other friends who might want to chime in and keep the conversation going.

Try tagging friends

• Use Facebook’s tagging feature to thank people who gave or shared your fundraiser. This is a great way to inspire new people to support your cause. 

• You can also ask people to tag you in a post of their own! For example, if you’re fundraising for your pup and your friend takes a photo of them from their own camera, they can tag you with that photo on Facebook, so both your friend list can see it. 

Try switching up the types of content you post

• Have you created a Facebook Live video before? Live videos can be a great way to give your friends an update on what’s happening with your fundraiser. If being put on the spot is not your thing, you can also try making a short video on your phone and sharing that instead. 

• You can use Facebook to share additional fundraiser photos that didn’t make the cut for your GoFundMe page. Humans are naturally drawn to faces, so try posting a photo of you or the person you’re fundraising for to attract attention.

We hope you find some of these tips helpful. Let us know in the comments if you have more to add!

Damn this blows my mind! I went from absolutely knowing there wasn't a way to get the word out if I didn't know anyone, to feeling like an idiot lol These are awesome techniques and I will definitely remember them!

Userlevel 1

I agree 💝...Being able to create good content and engage others in conversation is a key to success that I've been trying! Thank you for sharing. 

Join the discussion