Asking for help when know one is helping

• 12 March 2022
  • 5 replies

How do I collect donations if the people on my friends are my family or not willing to help so how do I get donations from other people on my social media this is the second time I've set up a GoFundMe page and this time I need it for my medication because I need my medicine so how do I get help when no one wants to help I've asked questions I sent personal messages as it suggested that I do but no one is helping so what do I do then text Steve

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Kendra Francis In your shoes, I recommend fleshing out your story a lot more, as well as adding some photos of you on your campaign. I recommend looking at some of the fundraisers on our site that have raised a lot of money to compare and see what gaps you might want to fill in your description. Here’s a good example of a fundraise that goes into more detail about their situation. 

For tips on writing an effective story, I recommend reviewing this post. 

How can I get my community to help or anyone I am going through a tough time and no one seems to help me out not friends and family it’s getting very frustrating 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Jamileth Alanis Can you copy and paste your share messaging here that you’ve been using to promote your fundraiser? Perhaps the community can make suggestions to help tweak it to make your “ask” as persuasive as possible. 

Yeah , im in the same boat. No donations, so i asked family and friends to at least post my story . Any other suggestions??

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Tara Campos What share messaging did you use to share your fundraiser? Perhaps we can take a look to see if there’s any tweaks that can increase its persuasiveness. 

Join the discussion