Solved

How do I get more donations?

• 7 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

How do I get more donations? Or how do I do more. I don’t know what else to do now that it’s been a couple weeks. My daughter is in charge of all expenses and is 20yrs old. I don’t know where else or what else to do?!? Any ideas 

icon

Best answer by Fighting_chance 8 November 2021, 05:18

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

How do I get more donations? Or how do I do more. I don’t know what else to do now that it’s been a couple weeks. My daughter is in charge of all expenses and is 20yrs old. I don’t know where else or what else to do?!? Any ideas 

Asking close friends and relatives for help

Post flyers of your fundraiser 

Post to more groups on social media 

Hopefully this helps 

Userlevel 3

Something I haven't done enough myself is to actually call family, friend, or coworkers and vaguely explain what is going on. I know that asking for feedback is always a good place to start. I know the campaign I set up for my husband is very lengthy to some. As for me I could go on and on about it. So I'm even asking if some of you kind people wouldn't mind reading over our story and I appreciate any feedback I can get. I don't really have family with any extra money lying around... We definitely have gotten some donations, but the majority of our help has came from people around the community. Like a church helped us with our water/gas bill and I don't know what we would do without the food banks nearby..... God bless everyone

Userlevel 1

I too have been faced with this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Angel Marshall - I took a look at your fundraiser for you’ve done a really amazing job so far. And you’ve even received some support which is encouraging! The story is a bit long, but you did an awesome job at breaking up the text with some extra photos, which can make the page feel more personal to potential donors. To start gaining some more momentum, I would suggest posting more consistent updates to keep your donors in the loop, and to ask them to share your cause with others, too. You can learn more about that in the two posts below:

1. How do you ask people to share your GoFundMe?
  2. What to include in an update post

What do you do when u don’t have family and friends to call on

I need all the help i can get i don't know what I'm doing. It seems hopeless.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I need all the help i can get i don't know what I'm doing. It seems hopeless.

Hi @Brian Kersh why are you feeling hopeless?

Its so hard

Join the discussion