Solved

How do I get my fundraiser publicly noticed to receive support when I don't know anyone?

• 12 January 2022
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 2

I don't have any advice but would accept as much advice as possible at this point! #HoldingOnByFaith

icon

Best answer by Jules 12 January 2022, 19:47

View original

16 replies

I have no idea how to share anything without social media

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am having the same issue! Needing this fundraiser seen!!! ✝️

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey @Nichole Tennison, @Tyler Alley, @Donya Swanson, Personal fundraising most often uses your personal network to help you spread the word - at least at the beginning of the fundraiser. I know sometimes it can feel like you know no one, but I want you to think back on your connections in your life, even loose ones. What about extended family, old classmates, coworkers, neighbors, friends of friends? These are the people you will want to reach out to first to help you get your page going. 

If you’re without a personal community, then my suggestion would be to start making friends online in other groups, or even going to a Meetup in your area to start getting to know your community a bit better. These connections will come in handy whenever you need to raise money for a personal cause. 

If you do have some people you can think of, I recommend that you start by writing a personal message or giving them a call directly to talk about your fundraiser and your struggle. This will help prevent the situation from being transactional - meaning, people will better recognize your need for support. You can send these messages through email, text, or even by writing a hand written note and leaving it in their mailbox. 

Good luck, and I hope some of these strategies help you get your first donations! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I appreciate that. Thank you. I haven't really kept friends from my past in my life but I'll for sure share this with them because what's going on with my partner is no joke. He's got TWO different types of Leukemia which are both chronic. He's ALWAYS nauseous or sick in some way not able to move or do much of nothing from his pain. I know everyone struggles at some point in there life. I will contact everyone from my past and the people I know presently and also follow each instruction each of you have given me. 

Thanks Sincerely,

Tyler Alley. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Good luck @Tyler Alley! Your cause is definitely worthy of attention and help from your network. It may  feel uncomfortable at first if you’re not used to asking for help, but know that everyone needs help at some point in their life and that people are more than likely to want to help you relieve some of this stress.  

Userlevel 2

@Jules @Tyler Alley 

Thank you, I have tried many platforms. I know how you feel.

I guess,I am not just that popular.Some close friends of my son and some of our Family members helped with the cost of burial but it's like no more support is coming throught I'm not asking for much and he needs a Monument. My son was disabled he had seizures and I am disabled  diagnosed with Lupus, just recently had a total hip replacement not able to work and it's hard trying to get support when you only know a few people. I guess I live in a bubble.

I pray that God will make a way for me to get him a Monument to where we just want be talking to just his graveside.

Patience,Faith and trust in God I will hold on too. 

HOW DO I GET THROUGH THE PROCESS AND THE PAIN OF NOT SEEING MY SON AGAIN. IT SEEMS LIKE NOTHING HELPS!  AT THIS POINT I'M JUST LOST. NO ONE TO REALLY TALK TO THIS IS MUCH EASIER. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Good luck @Tyler Alley! Your cause is definitely worthy of attention and help from your network. It may  feel uncomfortable at first if you’re not used to asking for help, but know that everyone needs help at some point in their life and that people are more than likely to want to help you relieve some of this stress.  

Well thank you so much. We are a bit uncomfortable with it but his health is my #1. I know each of you have had a partner at some point that you were probably in love with. I can't imagine life without him. Thank you for your kind words!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Donya Swanson It might be worth reaching out to people who knew your son and his friends. There might also be groups online where other people have children who experienced a similar disability as your son who you can connect with. 

I wonder if you could find a very affordable way to get a meaningful monument? I’ll give you an example of something I heard people have been doing as of late - planting a  fruit or flowering tree in the place where they buried their loved ones. That way, they can  tend to it when they visit the site and sit under it as it grows. This might not be what you’re looking for, but I wanted to share since I thought it was a beautiful way to recognize someone. 

I too have the same problem I started a fundraiser for my father's final expenses. He passed away in a fatal car accident. I did the withdrawal side of it wrong. So I won't receive the 115 $ that was donated. I just started another one and it's for a vehicle because I walk 18 miles to work and 18 miles home plus work a 9-5 work schedule. It's extremely cold outside. I've shared in Facebook sites and all I got was name calling and people telling me that my dad's death was all faked and that really hurts. I didn't know people could be so cruel. I thought in a time of need people would be more polite and helpful. Maybe I will get help maybe not but I really hope I do.

Very hard to get noticed without the use of social media. 

Badge

I have no idea how to share anything without social media

You and me both Nichole. I had no social media accounts. I signed up for a Facebook account for the first time ever two days ago. So that's not going so well but I'm attempting to get better acquainted with it. 

I'm doing my first ever donations for myself I have no one to help me I'm flying by the seat of my pants and I need help how to make this go as smooth as possible I don't think really know how hat I'm doing but I want to do it right thank you n God bless 

I don’t know how to finish reaching my goal but this is hard and humiliating. 

Badge

I'm doing my first ever donations for myself I have no one to help me I'm flying by the seat of my pants and I need help how to make this go as smooth as possible I don't think really know how hat I'm doing but I want to do it right thank you n God bless 

Hi first let me say, I love the user name that you chosen...It’s beautiful. Secondly, I would like to say,  a lot of us are in your same shoes. Just stay strong, keep the faith and believe that you are in GOD’s hand. Share your gofundme page to family, friends, co-workers and church members.  If you have a pastor, maybe try forwarding your story to his or her email address. Or maybe the pastor can make an announcement during service about your situation.  Repeat this to yourself every day as I do, “Stay Strong, Good things are coming your way”.

Debbie R. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi first let me say, I love the user name that you chosen...It’s beautiful. Secondly, I would like to say,  a lot of us are in your same shoes. Just stay strong, keep the faith and believe that you are in GOD’s hand. Share your gofundme page to family, friends, co-workers and church members.  If you have a pastor, maybe try forwarding your story to his or her email address. Or maybe the pastor can make an announcement during service about your situation.  Repeat this to yourself every day as I do, “Stay Strong, Good things are coming your way”.

Debbie R. 

@Deborah Robertson could you please help me with some resources

@Jules @Tyler Alley 

Thank you, I have tried many platforms. I know how you feel.

I guess,I am not just that popular.Some close friends of my son and some of our Family members helped with the cost of burial but it's like no more support is coming throught I'm not asking for much and he needs a Monument. My son was disabled he had seizures and I am disabled  diagnosed with Lupus, just recently had a total hip replacement not able to work and it's hard trying to get support when you only know a few people. I guess I live in a bubble.

I pray that God will make a way for me to get him a Monument to where we just want be talking to just his graveside.

Patience,Faith and trust in God I will hold on too. 

HOW DO I GET THROUGH THE PROCESS AND THE PAIN OF NOT SEEING MY SON AGAIN. IT SEEMS LIKE NOTHING HELPS!  AT THIS POINT I'M JUST LOST. NO ONE TO REALLY TALK TO THIS IS MUCH EASIER. 

Im going through something similar.  God allows us too see who really is for us and who isnt. Stay strong .

Join the discussion