Solved

How to ask for help without being pushy?

• 30 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Good afternoon everyone! I never thought I would post one of these, but after my wife was injured, it was a no-brainer. She loves helping others and would always donate when she saw someone post a GoFundMe for a worthy cause. Any tips on reaching our community in a very gentle, non-pushy way? 
Is social media the most effective way to reach people?

Thank you everyone! Looking forward to putting this behind us so we can get back to helping others!

Jason

icon

Best answer by Jules 31 January 2022, 21:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Jason Dreger If you have Facebook, I recommend checking out this post about how to use it most effectively. The main thing to keep in mind is to create posts that make it easy for your friends to engage. This could mean ending your post with a question to get the comments going, or asking people to like the post so that it gets prioritized in Facebook rankings. These sorts of techniques put your fundraiser in front of more people. 

I would also encourage the use of storytelling to engage people. For example, you could give some backstory into why your wife loves horses, and what got her into jumping!

Finally, it’s helpful to remember that everyone needs help at times. When you’re sharing, focus on trying to make sure everyone sees your page at least three times, rather than focusing on what they’re thinking when they see your page. Your cause is important! Don’t forget it! 

Join the discussion