Need assistance getting my dog help but no one sees my fundraiser

• 4 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone, my name is Michael and I have created a fundraiser regarding my dog “Recon”. I found her near a barn off the side of the road and had to help her. When I got home, I realized something wasn't right. I found out after taking her to the vet that she had EPI which doesn't allow her to digest food without the help of special medication. I lost my job due to Covid-19 and have a whole mess of vet bills and credit card charges for prescriptions and vet visits plus food and all the other essentials. I cannot give her to a shelter or anyone else as she's all I got. 

How can I get my fundraiser noticed without social media? I don't really have many close people or friends around me, so I never had much use of social media. Are there any other ways of getting my fundraiser noticed? Is there anything I can do to make it seen by more people? I'm in a bit of a time problem and I don't know what to do. I'm so sad for her and I'm so frustrated with all the money I owe, and I just don't know what else to do. Please help, if you have any information or advice, I would really appreciate it, it will truly mean the world to me. Thanks again and thank you for your time.

Michael Forbes 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Michael Forbes we have quite a few similar posts in the community you can check out along with these articles:

* How to get noticed without social media

* How do you ask people to share your GoFundMe?

* Other ways to share

I’m in the same position as you trying to get help for my dogs surgery as well wish you best of luck 

Userlevel 1

Hey @Ahmad Hayek ,

Thank you so much for your concern. I wish you the best of luck as well. Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck whatsoever. But I greatly appreciate you at least responding to my article. It means a lot to me that someone at least took the time to read my post. It's very had to get any help these days with so much going on in the world. It's been so long, and I feel no one ever reads or even looks at my post. She means the world to me as I know you understand, I just don't know what else to do from here because she's all I got. I only wish I can save her and not have her put through this pain. Again, Thank you so much for the kind comment and the only comment. It gives me confidence that someone out their cares and would help if they could. I wish you the best as well, and if I do find a way to help my dog Recon, you will be the first one to know and I will do everything I can to help you as well I promise you that. Thanks again Ahmad Hayek, I wish you, your dog and family the best. 

Michael Forbes

Hi! 

I am trying to see if you have since had any luck with this. My fundraiser has a lot of supporters who our family knows, but we have not been able to reach beyond loved ones. I do not have a large social media following and feel embarrassed repeatedly sharing my fundraiser when it is obvious that the remaining people (who did not already share/donate) do not care. Thus, my fundraiser is at a standstill. I was wondering if you were able to pick things up since posting this question.

Best wishes!!

Userlevel 1

Hello @Bianca Vega,

Unfortunately, I have not had any luck at all. It's so disappointing because this is for my best friend. I can't even get anyone to read it. I've had the only luck I've ever had today when the guy above Ahmad wished me luck as he has the same issues. So, I was so happy someone actually read it and saw it. Plus, now you saw it as well which I am so grateful that people are at least seeing it. I'm in the exact situation as you except I don't have any family and haven't had any donations at all. I feel the exact same way about the social media as well. I don't have any social media following except for a few people and even they haven't shown any support. But you and the guy I spoke to before has been the most traction I received from people on this whole site. It sucks it really dose because I'm literally watching my best friend get weaker by the day and I can't do anything. I haven't seen a dollar from this site, and I see others who say they want a new car or something materialistic and they get like 10-20k. It's really crazy. I want to thank you for at least reading my message and reaching out. If I do find any way to get traction or get more then I deserve I will for sure help out your cause as well, just for reading mine. Please let me know if you have any ideas or areas that work or anywhere to get noticed. Again, thank you so much and I will keep you informed.

Michael Forbes

I really hope you get the help you need just don't give up there are good people out there that will help

Join the discussion