Solved

Should I create a Facebook, just to share my fundraiser there?

• 11 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4

Hello. I am brand new to this. I'm wondering what people have done to be successful on GoFundMe. I'm seeing a lot of people rely on Facebook. I haven't used Facebook in years. Not sure I even remember my login. Would it be a good idea to create a new account just in hopes of garnering more support for my fundraiser?

icon

Best answer by Jules 12 November 2021, 20:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Christopher Scott People use Facebook mainly to reach out to their contacts that they’ve made over the years.  If you haven’t used Facebook in a while, or you don’t have contacts on your Facebook because it’s new, I wouldn’t recommend it for you.

Instead, you can take your fundraiser and share it via email, text message, and via hand written note to the people in your life that you know well. When you do that, I recommend trying to target people who have their own following to see if they would be willing to share it with your mutual friends online. People who you know, but maybe don’t have their contact information in your phone. 

Facebook seems to help lots of people out just getting your info out there to be seen is the hard part of you don’t have or use Facebook I would reach out to any contacts who you do have that use face book to see if they will help share. 

Badge

I am not wanting to put my situation out there, I don’t like asking for help. Not sure how to get it going.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Tina Ranney  In a nutshell, personal fundraising is putting your cause out there, either to your friends, family, or acquaintances.  It can definitely be hard to do so, since it requires being vulnerable, but it’s necessary for raising donations. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

You really need to share to Facebook whatever your situation is try to reword it and post a picture another good source is Twitter and Tik-Tok good luck to you

Join the discussion