Solved

What else can I do to get the word out, after posting to social media?

• 20 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey yall. Ive created a gofundme account in order to get help with my up coming dental bills. I do have dental insurance thru my job, unfortunately, the co-pay cost is still fairly high due to the amount of work that is needed to be done. Ive posted the link on my social media sites but, so far i havent had any responses. Qhat else can i do to get the qord out?

icon

Best answer by Danielle Arnold 20 January 2022, 10:00

View original

8 replies

Continue to share, text old friends or family members. See if anyone could help share vs. asking for donations. Maybe try community group forums for dental. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Donnie Wells I would focus on those first couple of donations. Once you have those, you can more easily use social media to spread the word. It can take someone several times seeing a fundraiser before they get up to donate, so you’ll want to share to social media regularly in order for that method to be effective. 

Finally, I recommend that you flesh out your story just a bit with more details. Check out this post on what to include in your story to persuade your readers to give. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you jules. I will defi ately workon addin more to it. :)

Have you contacted the "University" hospital in your area? They usually have student programs that charge based on your income or what you have.

I don't know if it's going to be effective or not but I have replied on Twitter to specific relevant tweets by the appropriate positions of power in government on their twitter feeds.. Seems tacky but hey I've got no choice I'm desperate!

Userlevel 1

Stay strong and positive always thankful for the blessings around you

@Donnie Wells I would focus on those first couple of donations. Once you have those, you can more easily use social media to spread the word. It can take someone several times seeing a fundraiser before they get up to donate, so you’ll want to share to social media regularly in order for that method to be effective. 

Finally, I recommend that you flesh out your story just a bit with more details. Check out this post on what to include in your story to persuade your readers to give. 

I shared on social media & all my groups & pinned the post so I don’t have to keep posting. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you all so very much  for the suggestions and support it's all  fabulous and I love them all!!!! ❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️

Join the discussion