What's the best way to get my fundraiser noticed?

• 4 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi, I’m new to GoFundMe, and have recently made a fundraiser to help support the family of a close friend of mine. His dad passed away from stage-4 cancer recently, and I want to do all that I can to help the family, since they aren’t in the best spot, financially.

I’m wondering if there are any recommended cancer support groups or other areas I can send the link, to help find people who would be willing to support the fundraiser.

If anyone has any ideas, or even just words of support, I would really appreciate it.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It looks like you’ve done a great job spreading the word so far @William Gilbert! Most of the donations raised on GoFundMe come through the personal community of the organizer, so sharing with people you know is the best place to start. This can mean old friends, classmates, coworkers, or friends of friends. After about 30 days, you can then reach out and ask the same individuals for another donation - similar to a recurring donation someone might set up for a charity. 

Outside of that, I would try NextDoor! It’s an app that allows you to connect with your neighbors. You could also check out this article with some alternative ideas for spreading the word: 

Join the discussion