Anything I can improve to get funds?

• 18 November 2021
  • 1 reply

I started Gofundme this morning, but I still did not get any donations… I posted on social media and asked my friends to share my page.. Please help me if there is anything I need change my page and/or any other things I can do!!!

https://gofund.me/ec5104fc

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

You wrote your story very well @Azuki Soga. The spacing is a bit strange though - I would try to separate your paragraphs with a line break to make it easier to read. I would also add photos of your family, since you mention them in your story. 

For your fundraising goal, do you need $60,000 up front? If not, I would list the goal amount to whatever you need to enter your first semester or year of school. Then, during school, you can continue to fundraise if you choose to, and update your campaign with details about what you’re learning to keep donors motivated. 

Finally, I would hold some sort of small event to kickstart your fundraiser. Maybe do a Grey’s Anatomy or House marathon (just sticking with the medical theme), serve M&Ms in prescription bottles, or apples (an apple a day keeps the doctor away), and give a speech about why you would like to chase this dream, and how much it would mean to you if people helped you to share your fundraiser and donate to your cause.  

By the end of the event, you hopefully will have some seed donations to help kickstart your fundraising to a wider audience. You could also ask your party to like and share your Facebook post, so the Facebook algorithm puts it on other people’s newsfeeds. 

Good luck, and have fun!

Join the discussion