Can someone take a look at my fundraiser?

• 19 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi.  I'm new here so please let me know if I can change anything. Recently, had a tragedy after my Dad fell 12 ft off a roof and had his spleen removed. It's been a hard road. Raising 3 kids on top of that. Work. U know the drill. Just need a little more help reaching out to the community! Please of u can take a look at my fundraiser. I'm up for any new tricks on how to get as much help as possible reaching out to my community and others around. 

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey @Haley Scholl  I’m so sorry to hear about what happened. I took a look at your fundraiser and wanted to offer a couple of tips. 

1. I recommend that you itemize what you’re fundraising for. How did you arrive at a $20,000 goal?
  2. I would also try to prioritize what’s most important. For example, is the heating system more important than the shower replacement? If one is more important than the other, say why and how this could help him in his recovery. 
  3. Since you’re the fundraiser, I would add your photo to the campaign story, along with a thank you to folks who donate. 

Next, I would reach out to extended family, especially folks you contact regularly. Let them know what happened, what you’re fundraising for, and why you need this help now - it’s unexpected! Talking on the phone is a good way to do this, because it makes it feel less transactional. 

Any advice will help massively! I need to get my daughter back from her mother.. she’s not safe there and the courts won’t do anything about it. I need an attorney. Please help 🙏

I need help with my go fund me (1st time user)  Very nervous and very scared that no ore will help me.  If I lose my job due to not having my car, things could get ugly.  Any ideas or suggestions would be great.  Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Barbara Dorn and @Josh CdeBaca  would you guys making separate posts in the swap writing feedback room?  That way we can address you each separately. 

Within that room, please include your fundraiser link, so we can easily access it to let you know what we think! 

Join the discussion