I'm not sure if my purpose is aligned with GoFundMe

• 10 November 2021
  • 4 replies

I don't have a community or friends that are able to help me right now. Wherever I have travelled, I've mostly been the one to help others. but they are unable to help me right now through this difficult transition in my life. I need to raise money for my journey. not sure if my purpose is clearly aligned in my GoFundMe, but I would love feedback from you all. Thank you so much for your time, I appreciate the support🙏🏼

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey @Aria Trueblood You did such a great job on your fundraiser. I love your photos, and your story of exploration. It’s all quite aspirational. 

One thing I might recommend is to update your title to be more descriptive. At the moment, it’s vague enough that you can’t really tell what your fundraise is for at a glance. I would try to adjust that to have it say exactly what you’re fundraising for. 

In addition to this, it’s important to note that GoFundMe is a crowdfunding platform - meaning your crowd. So most of your donations will come from people you know. I would focus on connecting to those individuals and what it would mean to you if they helped you out.  For example,  what’s your vision for your future, and why should they be inspired to help you achieve it?  

I need help raising money for Mt beautiful wife

.I really don't know how to do this ..please help

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Jeremy Duncan welcome to the community. Most people on GoFundMe are new to fundraising, so you’re definitely not alone.

Have you had a chance to look through some posts in Success on GoFundMe yet? Can you let us know where you’ve shared your fundraiser and what types of methods you’ve used so far?

I don't have a community or friends that are able to help me right now. Wherever I have travelled, I've mostly been the one to help others. but they are unable to help me right now through this difficult transition in my life. I need to raise money for my journey. not sure if my purpose is clearly aligned in my GoFundMe, but I would love feedback from you all. Thank you so much for your time, I appreciate the support🙏🏼

I actually feel the same way and as soon as I can support you, I would like to

Join the discussion