Solved

I need feedback or advice on fundraising

• 8 November 2021
  • 2 replies

My family is really struggling with getting help on my go fund me page and we are desperate to get my father’s loose ends tied up as he passes so suddenly. And help on advice to getting my information out to the work better is more then welcome and very much appreciated. http://link.email.dynect.net/link.php?DynEngagement=true&H=v9seMntl%2BFxBlaAiFw5zK0gQcASb2ApLIWgC9sVwwtgaSbJo7Hl2U%2FD6VXhu%2FBLuQZCRnhYxg8rnJOqu36NtxYjzq1pBIwKNxHxk0D26oVm4ZeWrjxJx2GBm5SnDWRte&G=21&R=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gofundme.com%2Ff%2Fplease-help-us-with-our-dads-funeral-expenses%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dproduct%26utm_campaign%3Dp_email%252Bhtml_trig_post_update_nd&I=20211105081803.0000001f8465%40mail6-47-ussnn1&X=MHw3NzY2NjI6VEVNUElEXzY3OzF8Nzc2NjYzOlFVRVVFSURfMjg4NTE3OTAxMTsyfDc3NjY2NDpET01BSU5feWFob28uY29tOw%3D%3D&V=3&S=cgiRLeqfWbUzXnwtCeTJmGVCZQiKUNIEDDsVTpAr3kY

icon

Best answer by Jules 10 November 2021, 01:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss @Samantha.Moore49 That’s an incredibly difficult story to read and it definitely makes your head scratch about what could have possibly happened! 

I honestly don’t have too much feedback to add except for to break the text up into separate paragraphs and to itemize what the funds are for.  

Next, you will want to systematically go through a list of people you know, and people who knew your father and share your fundraiser with them. 

Here’s a template you can use  that might help you with an example of what to say. 

Hi [close friend],

I'm reaching out to you because I've started a GoFundMe for [insert reason here]. [Remind your close friend why this cause means so much to you]. [Include the reason why you need the funds]. [Include what you've done on your own to get closer to your goal].

Here's my GoFundMe link: [Insert GoFundMe Link here]

If you could support my GoFundMe by making a donation and then sharing it with your network, I would greatly appreciate it. I know that money can be tight, so please know that even $5 helps me get closer to my goal. Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll be happy to answer them.

Thank you so much for your fees back it’s very much appreciated! 

Join the discussion