tragedy with my 2 year old son and looking for any advice to get our page the nest chance possible

• 19 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi all my name is Elizabeth krasnecky I am a mother of 4 and our family recently went through tragedy with our 2 year old 2 days before his 3rd birthday . I attached our page so people can read and give me any pointers they feel would help . Our while life has been ripped apart and is now upside down we lived in sc at the time and were visiting my mother in MA. Before her heart surgery . So we are trying to put the pieces back together and need all the help we can get and any advice or tips on things I should include / take out would be greatly appreciated again my link isn't included for donations just so people can read our story and give us honest opinions on how to reach our goal thank you so much to any and all help it's greatly appreciated during our time of need.  Thank you very much 

https://gofund.me/3ddd1ccb

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @Elizabeth Krasnecky, I’m so sorry to hear about what brought you to GoFundMe. Have you had a moment to check out our post on how to write a fundraising story yet? 

1. Start by creating a title that makes your cause clear. A simple, creative title can go a long way and compel people to go further and read your story.
  2. Be detailed, but don’t overdo it. Keep the timeline of events in order and make your point clear. Be sure to add why exactly you need donations. How did you come to the $10,000 goal amount? Listing out the expenses you have and explaining exactly how the funds will be used could promote trust between you and your potential supporters.
  3. Show emotion, and explain how some support would mean the world to you and those involved in your cause. Think of yourself as the reader and ask, “Why should someone care about this?” 
  4. Keep the paragraphs short and easy to understand. 

Lastly, don’t forget to post frequent updates on your son to keep your donors in the loop. Doing so may remind them that you still need support, and could encourage them to share your page with their own network as well. 

Join the discussion